WHAT IS THIS WEBSITE ABOUT?
This website focuses on the use interactive videos to graphically teach the principles of the topic of Intersection of surfaces which is related to the Leaving Certificate subject of Design and Communication Graphics. Intersecting surfaces are everyday occurrences. these intersecting surfaces produce a line of intersection. here are some everyday examples of intersecting surfaces.
Valley on a Roof Bike Frame Garden Fence
This website deals with bridging the gap between 3D and 2D graphics in order communicate these principles effectively.
This e-learning website features material that is designed with the pupils’ and teachers educational interests in mind.
It aims to increase the pupils’ knowledge and understanding of the principles of intersection of surfaces.
This site also Hosts teaching material that would be of benefit to all teachers in the teaching of this topic.
The topics that shall be covered in this website that relate to intersection of surfaces are:
- The section of solids when cut by a plane.
- Using horizontal and vertical cutting planes to locate the line of intersection between two intersecting surfaces
- The use of simply inclined cutting planes to determine the line of intersection from 2 interpenetrating surfaces.
- Principles involved in using auxiliary views to determine a line of intersection.
- The hinge plane and principles associated with it